Sambar Powder
Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Sambar is a South Indian lentil soup, made of lentils, spices and some vegetable. It can be eaten with many South Indian Break Fast Dishes and also with plain rice. I just love my mom's sambar. Like many others, I bought packets of my moms home made sambar and rasam powder from India when i moved to USA. But since its been a while since i have been to India i ran out of all my moms home made sambar and rasam powder. Then my mom gave me a simple sambar powder recipe which I am going to share with u all.
Ingredients: (Makes 3-4 cups)
Channa Dal
1 cup
Corriander seeds
1 cup
Fenugreek seeds
1/4 cup
Asafetida
1 tsp
Dry Red Chili
1 cup
For Sambar recipe click the link :http://kittykeyj.blogspot.com/2013/06/sambar-lentil-soup-south-indian-dishes.html
Method:
- Make sure not to burn the ingredients while dry roasting.
- While grinding make sure the grinder is clean and dry.
- Store it in a air tight container for long lasting aroma.
- Add more dry red chili's to make it spicy.
0 comments