Thenkuzhal Muruku | Diwali Snacks
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Thenkuzhal Muruku is one of the easy diwali snack recipe. This is a common Diwali recipe at my place since my childhood. No matter how many sweets or snacks mom used to make for Diwali, this is of my favorite. I am sure my mom would be making it for this Diwali too, but I won't be there to enjoy it. Well, mom's recipe is a bit different, because she makes rice flour and urad dal flour at home. But I have replaced it with a store bought rice flour and urad flour. Must say I have not found any difference in taste.
Ingredients:
2 cups Rice Flour
1/4 cup Urad Dal Flour
1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida
3 Tablespoon Butter
1 teaspoon Jeera
1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds
1 Tablespoon White Chilli Powder (optional)
Salt as needed
Water as needed
Oil to Deep Fry
Method:
Mix the flours, butter, jeera, sesame seeds. salt, white chili powder and water to knead a soft and smooth dough without any cracks.
Heat oil in a kadai and fill the muruku press with the dough. To get the perfect shape first grease the laddles with oil or ghee and make the muruku molds on them. Then drop them directly into the oil. This way your molds will be in the same shape. Make sure to fry them on medium heat.
Cook both the sides until its slightly golden in color. Take them out onto a paper towel and let them completely cool down before storing it in a air tight container.
0 comments